Monday, January 14, 2008

These Colors Run


I have a visceral aversion to seeing the flag on the ground. My noexistant neighbors can't pay their bills, so I don't know why I would expect them to respect the flag.

This house kind of reminds me of the current fascination with "The World Without Us". A fascination that I will admit that I share, which answers the question, if humans suddenly vanished, what would happen to all our buildings and works? This is the scientific equivalent of the Left Behind series, where people suddenly vanish in the rapture.

The house next door appears to be an experiment trying to figure out what this would look like in my neighborhood. My favorite part of the experiment is when the animals come back. Thank you foolish house flipper for the the deer and wild turkey.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Those poor tragic house flippers. It seems impossible that every decision they have made has been bad, except for mowing the yard that one time, but that is what has happened.